Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Why I Love Sports!!!

Reasons why I love Sports!

Reasons why I love Sports!
As we go back to school from an amazing, relaxing, and calm summer, winter sports are getting back into season. I often get noted about how much I enjoy sport, even some people want to chat about sports and sometimes i get questions if I like sport too much. The next questions came up “What are the reasons for you to adore sports so much.” I thought about it and realized that this is a great topic to share on my blog….Why do i love sports!


  1. Teamwork
Many sports right now involve Teamwork.  They are about working together, with each other's strengths and weaknesses, collectively trying to improve, compensate, utilise these to a greater good.  It's often said 'there's no I in 'team''.  There are, but together those 'I's make 'we's and together, we are stronger.  We need our teammates in sport, and that helps me remember that the world, my life, my existence is not simply about me.  
  1. Leadership
Good sport is often the result of good leadership.  It also often leads to it.  Leadership is one of my key passions, and so it figures I enjoy seeing leadership in sports.  
Our world today has many confused ideas about leadership.  It's not all about noise, dominance or self-promotion, but rather about wise words, and selflessness.
  1. Hard Work
Sport is hard work.  It requires discipline, commitment, hard graft.  I have lost count of the times on the sports field where I have felt exhausted and unable to continue.  
I think sports naturally takes out the laziness and add’s the hard work.  
  1. Disappointment
I don't want to say that I don't have disappointment when one of my teams loses or fails in their. But Sports is not everything!  However, it's is not nothing either!  I compete, my teams compete to win.  There is disappointment when we fail, but there is challenge too.  We need to improve, we need to change.  Disappointment in sport allows me to see sport is not everything.  There are things more important in life.  It allows me to have a right perspective on bigger things in life.     
  1. Pleasure


Sometimes, you have the same joy when you don't win as when you don't - knowing you have done your best and sometimes have achieved against the odds, brings a smile to my face and a satisfaction that is addictive.  

“I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.”– Bruce Jenner

2 comments:

  1. Harout, this is an awesome blog post! I really enjoyed the way you wrote from a lot of personal experience which gave great insight into what it is like to play at your level of basketball. I think you may benefit from proof reading your work because I found a few little mistakes like saying theres no T in team when I think you meant I. Other than that small gripe, this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harout, this is an awesome blog post! I really enjoyed the way you wrote from a lot of personal experience which gave great insight into what it is like to play at your level of basketball. I think you may benefit from proof reading your work because I found a few little mistakes like saying theres no T in team when I think you meant I. Other than that small gripe, this is great!

    ReplyDelete